Note: The information from this page (and many others) has been formatted with spoilers whited out in Book of Secrets
Here's what we're doingEdit
The rules of this thread are simple. Post any hints you have about deciphering the secrets under their respective section. Be sure to keep it neat and tidy. Dont try to flat out give away the secret but dont make it impossible. Also sign post so we can keep authors in order. The3rdplayer (talk) 02:37, December 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Alrighty then, I suppose I will start. The first hint is for the bonus map, Endless 2. In the upper left corner, a red flash should appear if you have the Book of Secrets equipped. This means that something about the map itself is a secret. Look carefully at the map, and don't think that the secret has to relate to Defender's Quest. How's that for a first hint? Scribe13 (talk) 05:24, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Second hint is for tips menu. Book of Secrets makes red flash appear also when entering there. Be careful, one of the tips may be deceiving you... your choice if you believe it or not.
- Third hint is for the statues themselves. Try a famous code from the original Contra. Scribe13 (talk) 05:24, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Fourth hint is related to the Royal Records Room cutscene. You will need to have played through New Game+ in order to break the code hidden in the room in the cutscene. Specifically, look at Act 1 Scene 2 and Act 6 Scene 5 in both game modes and spot the differences. Use this to start breaking the code. Scribe13 (talk) 05:24, December 12, 2013 (UTC)
- Fifth hint is inside the "Super sheep" stage in new game+. I did not notice anything, maybe looking at the description of the sheep? ( His real name ) or something unusual in the map? I do not know. -Zeforas, 21:12, December 16, 2013
- "It is a well-known cheat code. I used it often in Contra." - zakhennahr
"The amount of enemies per wave in The Royal Records room reveals the answer." - zakhennahr
"The amount of sheep per normal wave also reveals the answer." - zakhennahr
- "Doesn't something strike you as odd in the sheep pattern in the advanced difficulty?"
"The sheep level can be decoded by the blind using their alphabet." - zakhennahr
"The Endless 2 challenge is in the shape of a famous Final Fantasy enemy. Find this enemy's special attack and name." - zakhennahr
"Try calling Jenny on the monolith, she has a very famous number." - Has no flash to designate it apparently, except for possibly the tip to call your mother - zakhennahr
"The tips section has a Public Service Announcement. What's the acronym of the Public Service Announcement, again?" - zakhennahr