A melee unit, the Berserker is not afraid to get up close and personal with the enemy, despite his disregard for armor. In fact, he's not afraid of anything at all. They make for great early game melee fighters and cut down enemies with ease. Unfortunately, as a melee unit, his range is minimal and does not increase with boosts.
Their strengths are;
- They have an incredible attack speed, making him great against huge crowds of weak Revenant.
- They have Bleed, which combined with their ability to attack fast means they only have to land 1 effective blow and they will do damage even after the foe has walked away.
- They have a faster regeneration, which means between fights they recover HP a little at a time.
- They have a boast to evade, meaning they have less chance to be hit
- They have a boast to chance to critical, combined with their speedy attacks means they can randomly hit hard.
The Berserker's lack of armour make them very vulnerable to attacks and by late game when tougher foes are coming, the Beserkers usually are left giving way to the stronger Knight and Dragon classes. They usually require the aid of a Healer to make them the most effective. They work best alongside the Knight class as they can cut down the foes the Knights fail to get in time and are often best placed after them in the line up. They have a slightly bigger reach then the night class.
Formulae for Berserker's stats:
|Hit Points:||(Level + 1) x 28|
|Attack:||(Level + 1) x 2|
|Speed:||10 + (Level - 1) x 0.25|
|Regen:||(Level + 1) x 1.05|
|1||Slash||Hits a single foe once for minor damage.||Character Lv. 1|
|2||Double Hit||Hits up to 2 foes for moderate damage.||Character Lv. 2
1 Point in Slash
|3||Flurry||Hit up to 5 foes for moderate damage.||Character Lv. 5
1 Point in Double Hit
|4||Swipe||Hits all foes within a 90 degree arc once for big damage.||Character Lv. 15
1 Point in Madness
|5||Whirlwind||Hits all foes within range 3 times each for moderate damage per hit.||Character Lv. 20
1 Point in Swipe
|Swiftness||Adds a small bonus to Speed.||Character Lv. 2
1 Point in Slash
|Resilience||Adds a small bonus to Regen.||Character Lv. 5
1 Point in Swiftness
|Madness||Adds chance of Flurry dealing a Critical Hit.||Character Lv. 10
1 Point in Flurry
|Rage||Adds a chance for all attacks to inflict Bleed (foe temporarily takes more damage from future hits).||Character Lv. 10
1 Point in Resilience
|Reflexes||Adds bonus to Evade.||Character Lv. 15
1 Point in Rage
|Boost Lv.||PSI Cost||Attack Bonus||Speed Bonus|
- Lead writer James Cavin originally designed the Berserkers with their swords scabbarded on their backs. He then changed this to have the sword at the Berserker's waist instead, for realism purposes (as a sword at one's back cannot be drawn easily or readily, contrary to popular media). Although the ingame art and sprites were changed, Slak can still be seen in the game intro screen with his sword on his back.
- Secrets: Berserkers and Proper Scabbard Placement